20th Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers (20CCEM)
Fiji | 19-22 February 2018
Sustainability and Resilience: Can education deliver?
The Integrated Partners’ Forum (IPF) takes place alongside the 20th Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers (20CCEM).
The forum provides a platform for stakeholders to network and exchange ideas, and opportunities for representatives to meet and engage with ministers and
education policy makers.
The 20CCEM conference theme, “Sustainability and Resilience: Can education deliver?” will guide discussions:
• What does it take to achieve a quality education?
• Financing education: privatisation versus state funding, who wins and who loses?
• Culture and education: what can education gain from traditional knowledge and local culture?
• Formal, informal and non-formal education and lifelong learning for sustainable development.
• Making your voice heard: accountability, equity
and fairness in education;
• Breaking down the barriers for marginalised groups.
The programme provides a mixture of interactive workshops, plenary and breakout sessions, in addition to a series of interactive World café discussions.
Who should attend
We are inviting civil society organisations, higher education leaders, teachers and students and other stakeholders.
• It is a unique opportunity for you to be part of a triennial discussion on key education issues, including but not limited to lifelong learning, equity, fairness and accountability in
• You will engage with peers as well as ministers and senior government officials and agree strategies for collaborative solutions to pressing education challenges, such as low enrolment rates in preschool, primary and secondary schools, low adult literacy and
persisting gender disparities in education;
• You will contribute to the ministerial declaration that will be agreed at the meeting, and which will be presented to Commonwealth Heads of Government at their summit in April 2018 in London, United Kingdom;
• You will hear from renowned international speakers and leading figures from across the education spectrum, politics and civil society.
Don’t miss out, registration is free. Register before 15 January 2018 and enjoy discounts on accommodation at designated hotels and flight.
Download the leaflet HERE