We have pleasure in inviting you to attend the Annual General Meeting of the Council for Education in the Commonwealth, on Thursday, 3rd September 2020 from 11.00 am to 12.00 noon. The AGM will be a Zoom Meeting and the Chair of CEC will send the link and password closer to the date of the AGM.
Please click below for the following:
- Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting
- Attendance & Proxy Form
- Trustee’s Nomination Procedure
- Financial Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2020
- Examiner’s Report
If you unable to attend, you may appoint a proxy to attend, speak and vote on your behalf. A proxy form is enclosed. To be valid, the proxy form must be signed and returned to the Secretary no less than 48 hours before the start of the meeting. Please also note that only members who have paid their subscriptions in full are entitled to attend and vote at the AGM.
The Board is looking for new trustees with the necessary skills, knowledge, and experience to enhance the current Board. Prospective trustees should have strong personal commitment to the CEC’s aims and objectives. CEC is committed to a diverse and gender balance Board.
We are looking for prospective trustees with the necessary skills, knowledge, and experience in the following areas:
- Fundraising – Candidates should be able to show strong, demonstrable experience in income generation. A confident networker, able to identify and build good working relationships with potential sponsors, supporters and partners, ideally with a contact network which would facilitate this.
- Communications/Digital – Candidates should have proven expertise in all aspects of the communications mix, with a particular focus on digital with an ability to provide strategic advice on all aspects of communications, particularly media and social media.
- Corporate and Partnerships - Candidates should possess great business and interpersonal skills who will be responsible for establishing, managing and growing sustainable, mutually beneficial corporate partnerships, attracting the resources we need.
If you are interested in joining the Board, please refer to our note on trustee’s nomination procedure enclosed. Please email your nominations to [email protected] by 14th September 2020.
We look forward to seeing you at the AGM.
Dr Alba C. De Souza