May 21-23, 2019
Students: Our Common Wealth. A Focus on Student Success
Hosted at St. George’s University in Grenada, West Indies.
The Commonwealth Education Conference Committee invites you to attend the 2019 CEC Conference, a Council for Education in the Commonwealth–St. George’s University joint event to be held at St. George’s University, located in Grenada, West Indies from May 21 – May 23, 2019. The theme this year is “Students: Our Common Wealth. A Focus on Student Success”. With our theme, we aim to explore a range of questions:
- Students in the 21st Century face many daunting challenges but what are governments, education institutions and teachers doing to better meet their life and employment needs?
- What is ‘success’ in the education context, and from whose perspective?
- What are the main challenges facing education provision for the 21st Century, in the Caribbean and beyond?
- What are the needs of students, and how might these differ according to level, location and finance?
- What more should we all be doing to enhance learning experiences, wherever the student might be studying?
The event will bring together leading educationalists, scholars, researchers, teachers, policy makers, business leaders and students from secondary and higher education to share best practice to address the above and explore how we all might better work together.
The Caribbean location for the event will facilitate the bringing together of people from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences: large and small island states, rich and poor, public and private providers, Commonwealth countries and others.
The conference will feature distinguished plenary speakers, concurrent presentations, workshops, poster presentations, and opportunities for networking and future collaborations.
Social activities are also planned to allow attendees the opportunity to explore and enjoy the many natural treasures on the beautiful island of Grenada.
Click HERE for more detailed information
Download flyer HERE